I love this, it’s done the email rounds in SA soooo many times but it always makes me smile. It could also make some really cool t-shirt slogans!
Really Important stuff my kids have taught me- by Cynthia Copeland Lewis. Wisdom of the sand box, little barefoot philosophers, kids see the world straight on- without a lot of fuss or complications. Below are 50 selected phrases for you to rediscover the joy of keeping it fresh.
1. Jump right in or you might change your mind about swimming.
2. It’s more fun to colour outside the lines.
3. It’s possible to feel full when it comes to more vegetables, but not when it comes to a piece of cake.
4. Sometimes it’s smart to be scared.
5. Always have something in your lunchbox that you can trade with.
6. Before you trade sandwiches, check between the bread.
7. If you want pancakes for breakfast, offer to help make them.
8. Some weeks really need a Saturday on a Wednesday.
9. You think your book bag is the heaviest until you pick up someone else’s by mistake.
10. You can’t stop the sled halfway down the hill.
11. Getting up early gives you more time to play.
12. Big clothes make you feel smaller.
13. Being captain doesn’t mean you’re the smartest one, it just means you’re the one with the boat.
14. Getting lost teaches you how to read a map.
15. Silence can be an answer.
16. Ask where things come from.
17. If you can’t name it, scrape it off your pizza.
18. It’s hard not to like someone who likes you.
19. Crying gets you more attention but not more friends.
20. Babies get more attention.
21. Nobody will lend you an umbrella when it’s raining.
22. Big fish eat little fish.
23. If it’s in your way, climb over it.
24. No matter what the teacher says, February is the longest month.
25. Mean dogs have mean owners.
26. If someone doesn’t understand what you are saying, keep repeating it until he does.
27. Dirt is only considered bad when it is not on the ground.
28. A pencil without an eraser might as well be a pen.
29. Every good has a better and every bad a worse.
30. A tiny hole can empty a great big bucket.
31. If a kid isn’t paying attention, maybe it’s because the person talking isn’t say anything worth listening to.
32. Sometimes the biggest apple has the biggest worm.
33. Its hard to measure a crooked line.
34. Sometimes when you are first, you get stuck holding the door open for everyone else.
35. Sometimes it’s hard to tell if you’re leading the group or being pushed.
36. Just because you’re wearing cowboy boots does not mean that you can ride a horse.
37. Every castle has a dungeon.
38. Sometimes tomorrow takes a really long time to come.
39. Don’t blow on a spark unless you want a fire.
40. When you’re dressed up like a princess it’s easier to act like one.
41. It’s always easier to see the mistakes on someone else’s paper.
42. Sign your name BIG.
43. Wearing a halo can give you a headache after a while.
44. You’re more likely to get lost in the dark.
45. The first sip is the best.
46. Sometimes the biggest fights are over the smallest things.
47. Your room gets smaller as you get bigger.
48. Sometimes the medicine is worse than the cough.
49. Turn over rocks to see what’s under them.Try not to forget your dreams.
There Is Never An Excuse
One in three is not a statistic - one in three is a crying shame.