Typical!

Right.
So, um, I found some links while researching the surgical procedure that the surgeon wants to perform on little ol’ mois… they’ve already scheduled it for August 31st, but I’ve asked if they can maybe move it to the last week of September when its school holidays… ‘coz then Damien can stay with da Bruvva and my SIL and no-one needs to worry about driving him to school and back while I’m in the hospital.
As I usually do with just about everything from owning a cat to giving training at work- I have researched it to death- and now I’ve gone and scared myself shitless! It’s called a Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication. Yup. Now say it again really fast with a toffee in your mouth! I’ll leave it to the links for you to see exactly how it works and what they’ll be doing… what scares me is the risk and what happens afterwards! Can you believe I will be unable to throw up or belch after the operation- ever again…
On a related note- you can find the photos of my gastroscopy here if you’d like to see them! The pictures with the weird ripple pattern are from the inside of my stomach! Did you know that’s what it looked like!?

11 Responses to Typical!

1. Eternally Curious says:

Angel: Beano is actually in pill form sold over here in the States. I’m not sure what it’s made of (I’ll be hitting Wikipedia right after this comment to look it up), and I’ve never actually taken it, so I can only hope that there is no flavor! I do know that it is (supposedly) all natural…ok, that’s it, gotta hit Wikipedia now!

buddess: oh yeah, ABSO-BLOODY-LUTELY doll! NB! make sure they knock you out for the gastroscopy!

3. BUDDESS says:

One very GAStronomical lady coming right up!!!! Best of luck and I promise I will never look at heartburn or reflux in the same way again, EVER!! I might have to go for a gastroscopy and when I get my pictures, we can compare notes!!! lol

spookie: and not only coke- vanilla coke, beer, sprite (no giggling)… or i’ll just have to fart more- i’ll have an excllent excuse!!
    mwaaaaaaaahahahahaha…

5. Spookie the Warrior says:

You’ve never been one to throw up alot – and as for belching, well – I can’t help you there. Unless you wanna be REALLY uncomfortable – you’ll have to find a replacement for coke!!

nathan’s dad: so did you go’n look?

7. Nathans Dad says:

don’t you think it’s unfair that we dont know what our insides look like. not every opp has pics, so the only people who cut you and look inside see you “stuff” and you are out through the whole thing. then you have to pay.

all three of you have hit the nail on the head so to speak… i dunno yet how i’m going to wort out the belching thing- and i love my coke!

tart: don’t you have soggy chocolate biscuits where you are?

katt: i will apparently be fine- the op sorts out all sorts of related shit like my asthma and regular bouts of bronchitis as well as the heartburn and hiccups!

ec: thanx sweetie! BTW… what does beano taste like?

9. Eternally Curious says:

Yes – good questions! Just how are you to get rid of excess air if no belching? Is it to be a steady diet of Beano and Rolaids the rest of your life?

Know that my thoughts and prayers are, and will be, with you – then, as always.

10. Katt says:

I think Kyk better send The Tart a chocolate biccie soon!

Angel, this is plain scary! Are you going to be okay? Apart from bloated for the rest of your life.

11. The Tart says:

Yikes, no belching … what about when you drink a bunch of soda? What happens to all that air? ; ?

For sure no chocolate biscuits from Mr. Kyk!

Smooch,