Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Bloglanders- I absolutely LOVED this movie! Damien and I both thoroughly enjoyed it- brilliant! Fabulous! I don’t think ANYBODY could have pulled off the character of Captain Jack Sparrow like Johnny Depp does! The special effects are quite incredible and there were quite a few scary bits, even for me! I definitely think it deserves higher than a PG10 though! I just cannot wait for Pirates of the Caribbean Three which is due next year some time.
One thing I can’t get over is how a movie theatre is being used as a baby sitting service lately! I saw no less than three couples drop off their kids and tell them they’ll meet them outside the movie house, the kids must just send them a text message after the movie!
Good grief… or is it just me?

11 Responses to Aaaarrrggghhhh!

ec: oh thank goodness i’m not the only one who thinks thats wrong!

2. Eternally Curious says:

OMG…you just answered the question I was about to ask: how old were the kids. I mean, I can see it if the kids are a little older – say pre-teen or teen. But… booster seats??? OMG! Some folks really shouldn’t be parents, me thinks. And if they are so samll as to be in booster seats … just how the heck are they supposed to text? Or were they with an older sibling? Don’t get me wrong – I’m not saying that’s better. It’s worse. Kids are NOT supposed to be employed as adults – watching other kids!

Breathe in … breathe out.

OK…rant over.

ww: i don’t mind dropping damien off at the mall now- he’s 15- although his time is limited! but these were little kids who needed booster seats to see the movie!
    i’m going to wait for the third one then i’ll buy me a trilogy!

4. Within Without says:

It’s on my list for sure, Angel, and then I’ll end up buying the DVD too…

I used to always go with my kids to the movies and still do, when they’ll allow me.

What you describe is “creative parenting,” I guess. Harumph.

Now it’s mostly a case of me dropping them off, letting them do their thing and picking them up again.

katt: FREAKY! you were commenting at the same time i was!
    you can get it on DVD eventually… can’t you?

tart: i’m WAY too paranoid to have allowed damien to be “babysat” by an oblivious movie theatre while i went shopping!

phats: aaaw… i also wanna go to disnet world!

spookie: oh man- what can i say- its brilliant!

buddess: jd… you and me both girl!

7. Katt says:

I don’t even think I will get to see it – the nearest movie house around here is 100kms away. *sigh* I will just have to take your word for it.

8. BUDDESS says:

I also can’t wait to go and see it. I am a huge JD fan!!

9. Spookie the Warrior says:

Ag – so many people went to see this movie yesterday and I am SO jealous!! I want to go and see it – I really, really really do!!!

10. Phats says:

Hi there!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog 🙂 I don’t check the reality one as often so sorry for getting back to ya slow

I haven’t seen this movie yet but I have been on the ride at Disney World! haha

11. The Tart says:

Loved the movie too!

The movies have always been daycare centers for some. ; )

Smooch,