Today I was Butterfingers Incarnate!
Clumsy is an understatement!
I dropped my KFC, messed milk on myself and spilt my coffee- twice- and all before 1 o’clock!

Yet Another Triumph
For the female of the species, courtesy of yours truly! Well that’s what it felt like!
Today I completed a report for a client and she was SO excited to see it! It wasn’t a particularly tricky piece of coding or anything- but I used a bit of savvy in the design and in what the report was supposed to display and she was all but gushing, “oh this is fabulous!” was just one of the things she said! She was immensely impressed and more than once attributed it to my being a woman. I didn’t argue! I just love it when a client is happy with my work!

Napping Is The New Coffee!
I saw this somewhere, I think it was maybe on a News24 email or a Yahoo blurb, and the more I think about it the more it appeals to me!

12 Responses to

phats: MIND! MIND? why would i mind- damien LOVES our link on your page!

ww: hey, i never thought of it that way…

2. Within Without says:

Angel:

Well then that underscores the accomplishment, doesn’t it? Commitment, follow-through, success.

That’s why those guys are predecessors, I guess. Good on ya.

3. Phats says:

Hello,
    I am linking you I hope you don’t mind. Especially with such a cool son! haha 🙂

dawn: did you get my e-mail skattie?

ww: heh heh, thanx dude! it is indeed all about me!
    just so you know why she was so over the female thing- i found out later that she’d apparently asked a couple of my male predecessors for something similar and been given the “brush-off” or she’d been forgotten about!

nmotb: thanx, slipper-napper!

phats: no carpal tunnel syndrome- i just do everything so fast that the laws of physics can’t keep up!
    i passed your message to damien via a text message this morning

supermom: napping is definitely out for moms with young kids! but i work away from home and i’m going to start hinting to my boss to buy us each a laz-e-boy for the office!

spookie: oh you’re too much (stop it- i like it)! and as for the butterfingers thing- DON’T GO TELLING EVERYBODY NOW!

5. Spookie the Warrior says:

Well done with the report!! You’re just amazing.

Dontcha all think she’s amazing??

The spilling things and dropping things is nothing new though really – is it?? BUTTERFINGERS!!

6. Melany aka Supermom says:

WTG on doing such a great job!

I think I could actually give my coffee up for naps but lets face it – Napping is SO out for a mom with young kids

7. Phats says:

Congrats on the encoding!

Do you have carpal tunnel syndrome? haha I hope you were able to still eat your KFC, MMM KFC!

Tell Damien Hello! 🙂

8. NMOTB says:

Hey well done there on the good report, butterfingers!

9. Within Without says:

Angel, Angel, Angel…

First, congrats on wowing the client, that’s a spectacular sounding achievement.

And I don’t even know what you do.

But good god, girl, you sound surprised. Why CAN’T you do a fantastic job?

And in any event, what does that have to do with the fact you’re a woman?

In my workplace, I have more respect, in general, for the women than I do for the men.

Less ego, less pumping up the chest, less bravado, more productivity.

Not trying to detract from your happiness. I celebrate it with you. But isn’t it more about you, Gal?

10. Dawn says:

Nothing sucks more than a sucky Monday! Pretend it didn’t matter and remind yourself who the most recent sh*t-hot south african blogger was … i am pretty sure that will bring a smile to your face – and if it helps – I smaak you lank, china! Have a good week. xoxo

whatalotoffun: me too doll! mee bloody tooooo!

12. whatalotoffun says:

happy blue monday glad its nearly over.