It Finally Happened

Recognise that? I’m sure most of you will. For the first time ever, I noticed a hickey on my boy’s neck. Babe 8 has branded my darling Damien as her own… and I didn’t even know there was a Babe 8! Don’t panic, there was no sitcom-like situation in our house, no crying or pulling of hair. I actually giggled myself silly and then insisted I be able to photograph it. At first Damien was reluctant, but he gave in ‘coz he knows its a mommy’s prerogative.

Here are the lyrics to a Queen song that occurs to me on a regular basis!

When the outside temperature rises
And the meaning is oh so clear
One thousand and one yellow daffodils
Begin to dance in front of you – oh dear
Are they trying to tell you something?
You’re missing that one final screw
You’re simply not in the pink my dear
To be honest you haven’t got a clue
I’m going slightly mad
I’m going slightly mad
It finally happened – happened
It finally happened – ooh oh
It finally happened – I’m slightly mad
Oh dear!
I’m one card short of a full deck
I’m not quite the shilling
One wave short of a shipwreck
I’m not at my usual top billing
I’m coming down with a fever
I’m really out to sea
This kettle is boiling over
I think I’m a banana tree
Oh dear, I’m going slightly mad
I’m going slightly mad
It finally happened – happened
It finally happened – uh huh
It finally happened – I’m slightly mad
Oh dear!
I’m knitting with only one needle
Unravelling fast its true
I’m driving only three wheels these days
But my dear how about you?
I’m going slightly mad
I’m going slightly mad
It finally happened
It finally happened oh yes
It finally happened
I’m slightly mad!
Just very slightly mad!
And there you have it!

12 Responses to It Finally Happened

1. justin says:

Well, well, the youth of today! You’ll soon be asking him if he knows all about contraception (if you haven’t done so already).

nmotb: now now- lets not envourage him!

tom cat: little vampire tart indeed! i have told damien to make sure it doesn’t happen again…

3. Tom Cat says:

sho.. the girl certainly really latched onto the poor lad.. vampire eat you heart out..

4. NMOTB says:

ooolala – Well what can we say! Way to go D!!!!!!

dawn: i dunno if they are still fashionable, and he didn’t really try to hide it.

supermom: they are indeed- i warned him he’s not to let it happen again!

spookie: as long as he doesn’t asee you laughing!

katt: no no no- not WTG!!!!
    the novel is coming on, but veerrrrry slooooooowwwwwwllllyyyyyyy…

h.e.: i didn’t think they were in vogue at all…

c.m.: hey, hey, lets not encourage him people…

6. Cookie Monster says:

How great is that he got himself a hicky… you go big guy!

7. Homo Escapeons says:

I love that song too…and there you have it.
    Hickies are still in vogue eh?
    They seem so innocent now but I remember what a badge of coolness they were in Junior High.
    Weird.

8. Katt says:

Hee hee! Way to go, D!

I hated hickies though, never quite understood the purpose of attaching yourself to someone’s neck and leaving your mark.

PS: I am going to have to start wearing my glasses for this word verification thing. Speaking of words, how’s the novel coming?

9. Spookie the Warrior says:

Haha!! That’s so funny!!

10. Melany aka Supermom says:

oh word! Like Dawn, I didn’t even know they were still doing that. hahaha obviously they are though!

11. Dawn says:

OMG – I really didn’t think THOSE were still fashionable. Do I ever remember swathing my neck in base on Monday morning to hide the evidence for school. That is so cute and I love that you made him pose for the pic. Cool song, too! Have a great week my tzina. xox