Damien Is A Lot Less Apprehensive Now

We popped in at Damien’s new school briefly yesterday. It was very cool and I am very excited. The kids had all already gone home so only the headmaster was still there. He told us a little about the school and answered all my questions.
Damien was not pleased when I told him earlier this year that I’d be looking for a small private school for him again- he didn’t want to change schools again- but I think he’s happier (for lack of a better word) about it now.
The school has a several clubs- the ones Damien is interested in are the Warhammer club, the mountain biking club and the chess club, and there are already a few kids there that Damien knows from primary school (grade six and seven) which is very different to when he started at his current school all alone. They have maximum six kids in a class, so even if more sign up (maximum ninety in the school) they simply divide the classes. They provide a monthly progress report that covers everything from marks to behaviour, participation and attitude. This is over and above the normal report every term. They also see no problem in completing Damien’s doctor’s monthly feedback chart to monitor his meds.
Honestly, there are VERY few things in my life I wish I could change. One of them would be to be able to go back in time and put Damien into this school instead of the one he’s been in. Our lives would have been so much easier had I been able to do that…

10 Responses to Damien Is A Lot Less Apprehensive Now

1. buddess says:

I am so sorry that I only read this today!! Fantastic news and I am so happy for both of you. That is why I admire you so much. You just don’t give up. Best of luck to the both of you and I pray that it will work out for him. Lots of hugs and kisses!!!!!

2. Dawn says:

I feel a HUGE sense of relief for you and D. It sounds PERFECT – just the small class sizes is going to make this a whole new learning experience for him. So proud of how you never give up or lost sight of what you are aiming for. Congratulations and good luck to both of you. xoxoxo

3. Katt says:

This is wonderful news, Angel!

4. justin says:

I’m pleased to hear your good news, Angel — you both seem a lot happier.

h.e.: my arms are black and blue already! and thank you, i’m touched- really!

peong: i tell you- its such a weight off my mind!!!

nmotb: i hope it isn’t too good to be true- i’m trying to stay positive!

spookie: prayers answered doll! he listens when you ask him to take over!

phats: cool trade- you can teach him checkers! he loves board games- kicks my proverbial butt in scrabble!

6. Phats says:

Good for Damien!! That’s great. Chess Club wow, maybe he can teach me haha I can play a mean game of checkers though

7. Spookie the Warrior says:

Wonderful!! Amazing!! Sounds like a dream come true. I am so happy that you have found a place that will FINALLY meet you needs and expectations.

8. NMOTB says:

Geez Angel, that sounds almost to good to be true! I am glad you have finally found a school that both you and D are happy with! It is a pitty though that you didn’t find it sooner – Good Luck!

9. Anonymous says:

I’m so glad that things seem to be working out for D and his schooling. I know it was hard and sometimes nerve wracking, but it seems that in the end it might have worked out for the best.

10. Homo Escapeons says:

That is fantastic news. It seems hard to believe that there exists such a wonderful school where so much attention to detail is centred on Damien.
    You must be pinching yourself.

Good things happen to good people..I love this story.