My Weekend In KwaZulu Natal

From top to bottom: leaving Gauteng, entering KwaZulu Natal, our first look at Midmar Dam, my friend’s group setting off (it was 36 degrees celsius in the shade… the swimmers set off in packs- three minutes apart- according to how they’re ceded), Howick falls (stopped there quickly on the way home), the view from my Aunt’s house where we camped (you can even see the dam from her house), my Aunt’s horses Jablan and Stollie, my cousin K (five and a half), my cousin C (two years old), the weather we woke up to on Sunday morning (and why one of the races at Midmar was cancelled).
There’s more coming… as promised…

13 Responses to My Weekend In KwaZulu Natal

1. Melany aka Supermom says:

So beautiful. We haven’t been to Howick’s waterfall in AGES

2. Allan says:

Lots of riches for the poor and single!

3. Spookie the Warrior says:

Those photos are beautiful!!!

4. Dawn says:

I read somewhere you were boycotting hearts and roses day – so I thought I would come by and say how much I wish I could send you a backstage pass to guns ‘n roses, instead. xox

reluctant nomad: it does indeed feel like another world… but I do love to be home. The area is exquisite and fabulous for a holiday- but I like my conveniences too much to live there, lol, much to my aunty m’s disgust!

nmotb: safe and sound and quite luxuriously too (someone else’s air-conditioned-tinted-window pajero)

katy katy katy: it was hectic, and my little cousin is adorable!

steven: glad you like them- the falls are quite a tourist attraction- although I’m not sure if the women doing their laundry at the top are part of the appeal

dawn: so glad you liked the photos! aren’t my li’l cousins just adorable!? The little guy especially- you point at a camera at him and he says “cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese” till he hears the shutter, then he saw “lemme see” and then when you show him the shot he goes “aaaaaaaawwwww c…”!

phats: I did indeed- and thank you!

within without: thanx man- and yes, it was a huge jol!

vangie: hiya doll- i so love to see you here! i’m so excited!

6. Evangeline says:

You are so lucky to see such a beautiful place any ol’ time you want to. Oh and by the by – HIYA SCHWEETIE! (somebody has prezzies on the way…tee hee)

7. Within Without says:

Wow, Angel!!! Awesome pix. I’d give my left testicle to be there (OK, maybe not).

Looks amazing…hope it was as much fun as it looks.

8. Phats says:

Wow awesome pictures, looks like you had a good time!

9. Dawn says:

As I was scrolling down I thought there was no text to this post, just pics … and I thought to myself that no words are necessary with such beauty … and I thought how these pictures reminded me of one of my all time favorite books, ‘Cry, The Beloved Country’ by Alan Paton. Welcome back and thanks for the spectacular views of the beloved country … and, how cute ARE these kids? xoxo

10. Steven Novak says:

WOW! Look at those pics!

That waterfall is fantastic!

steve~

11. Dino aka Katy says:

wow looks like a busy fun filled weekend. Love those red curls

12. NMOTB says:

The Pics are beautiful Angel – Glad to see that you made it home safe and sound!!!!

13. Reluctant Nomad says:

It’s so beautiful there! You must have felt like you were in another world.