You Wanna Know What Annoys Me Immensely?

Okay- there’re lots of things, but this one in particular drives me up the wall… People giving me advice on dealing with Damien’s hijinx when the person advising me has no children of his or her own!!! Maybe it’s just me- but to my mind it can be compared to a brain surgeon giving advice to a computer programmer! In my humble opinion- keeping your friggin trap shut unless you actually know what you’re talking about!

8 Responses to You Wanna Know What Annoys Me Immensely?

1. Melany aka Supermom says:

Amen sister

2. Spookie the Warrior says:

Ag, somone will always have something to say thinking they are giving such wonderful advice when they have never even babysat a child never mind had their own. Learn to just let it roll of your shoulders like water off a duck’s back. Letting those people bug you is just a waste of energy – don’t even let it annoy you. Life’s too short.

phats: heh heh, thanx phats!

w.w.: i agree with you there- i often get practical advice thats not only useful but comes from an unbiased angle… but the person i am annoyed with says things that he thinks are funny but are in all honesty, thinly disguised insults- especially when it comes to discipline and raising an adhder!

4. Within Without says:

I sympathize, Angel, especially if you can see that the advice you’re being given isn’t productive or makes no sense.

I have found, though, sometimes it’s just a matter of common sense, whether that person is in your situation or not.

But generally, yeah, it kinda makes sense to trust people who have been or are going through your situation more than those who haven’t or aren’t…

5. Phats says:

That annoys the hell out of me too, do you know what you ought to do with Damien? HAHA JK! that was a joke obviously because I have no kids.

I think you’ve done a great job, Damien seems great, AND he likes me so of course he is cool haha

terri: i haven’t said anything to him… but i’m getting very close! i’m also trying to play catch up every chance i get- still no laptop for homework!

slick: yay! a new visitor! i’ll pop round to your place as soon as i can…

7. Slick says:

Hear Hear! I’m in total agreement with ya….

8. Terri says:

Fair enough. I hope you told the offending person this too?
    I’m doing some catching up on blogs today – look forward to part 4 of your story and I love the pics of the horsies 🙂