Damien Got The Job!

Woooo hoooooooooooooo bunnies!
Talk about excitement! Well- mine at least… Damien got the part time job at the bike customising shop! And while I was grinning from ear to ear and dying to phone them and gush and say thank you (a temptation I resisted, lol)… in typical dour teenager style Damien hardly batted an eyelash. He will be working on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays after school, then Saturdays and school holidays. He’s really starting at the bottom with things like sanding and cleaning (tee hee) but he’s very excited and the shop has a brilliant national reputation! I don’t think he’s even asked how much he’s being paid.
This is what he’s going to be learning to do… albeit eventually!

Our agreement is that if his school marks slip or if I get one phone call or letter from the school saying his homework isn’t done- no more job.
We also spoke about discussing budgeting as soon as he gets his first paycheck- and he’ll be responsible for his own toiletries from then on. And as his earnings rise, so will his financial responsibilities at home- board and lodging being the eventual outcome- like I had to do.
He’s very chuffed with himself- he already came home with homework from his new boss!

13 Responses to Damien Got The Job!

1. Within Without says:

Congrats to Damien…and to mom. Hope he keeps up with his homework, though…

writeprocrastinator: i’m very excited for him!

3. Writeprocrastinator says:

Excellent! A good trade and excellent pics!

justin: i’m definitely going to experiment some more!

5. justin says:

That’s wonderful news about Damien’s job, Angel.
    BTW, I’ve been reading some of your earlier posts and comments — the one about changing your template interested me … have you tried experimenting by using a dummy Blogger site? I added (and altered) bits of new code to my dummy site (copied from someone else’s I have to admit) to create the new header, and then did some minor alterations to my layout generally … then transferred it all across to my regular blogsite. Hope that helps.

h.e.: i dunno what’s in- damien usually says “cool”, being in a band would ineed be very cool- but my darling boy is so not musically talented in ANY way…

7. Homo Escapeons says:

How does this generation express surprise..oh yeah..
    or is Shut-UP! still in?

Aside from being a roadie I don’t think that there is a cooler job?
    ..OK being IN the band would be cooler but you know what I mean.

supermom: its very cool and very interesting!

katy katy katy: its an industry thats growing fast here too!

terri: i think so too!

katt: very good- and you’ve not nearly dropped out- you still post about once a week!

cheryl: or a Rand in this case, heh heh…

9. Cheryl Wray says:

That is so cool!! I bet he will do great there!! Looks like a fun place to work for a teeange boy!!
    I think a part-time job is a great idea. Can really teach them about the value of a dollar!!

10. Katt says:

Oh wonderful! This is good news!

PS: I am one of those evil bloggers who have dropped out of the Blogosphere. But only because life is DULL!

11. Terri says:

Brilliant! It’s great for him to have somewhere to work that will feed his artistic streak.

12. Dino aka Katy says:

yeah awesome. Congratulations. I think he’ll love it and since he loves to draw maybe some day he’ll customize his own bike. And hey if the Marine Biologist thing doesn’t pan out there is good money in customizing bikes and cars (at least here in the states there is)

13. Melany aka Supermom says:

That is GREAT!!! He is going to LOVE what he will eventually do. Those designs look great