So Whats In Your Book?

Writeprocrastinator got me going with the 10 things about “Q” list- and now he’s just finished aother one which he titled, Yet another Meme.
Here’s how it works.
Grab the book nearest you- turn to page 161, find the fifth full sentence and post it! Here’s mine, from a book titled “The Worlds Greatest Unsolved Mysteries”.

15 Responses to So Whats In Your Book?

1. Writeprocrastinator says:

Angel,

Sounds like you have the making of a novella, there.

justin: nice! i watch her on tv! and she does have it the wrong way round! she should have a word with her editor…

3. justin says:

OK, Angel … sorry about my late entry.
    Here’s mine from Nigella Lawson’s cookbook, “Forever Summer”… “If you want to forgo the grilled radicchio alongside, then do and just make a green salad to go with it, but the combination, as it stands, is perfect: the heat-wilted radicchio loses some of its bitterness, but keeps just enough perfectly to offset the delicate, not-quite-blandness of the ricotta.” I think Nigella has got the words “perfectly” and “to” the wrong way round, BTW.

h.e. & snoskred: i tried to incorporate yours into my first combo story h.e., i really did- but it just didn’t want to work… so instead, here’s a combination of yours and snoskred’s quotes:
    In their initial revulsion against home remedies, rule-of-thumb methods, and “maternal instincts,” baby doctors and psychiatrists condemned “maternal overprotection” and urged parents to respect the child’s “emotional independence. The state will oppose any such request.
    snoskred- thanx for stopping by- i’ll be over in a bit.
    and h.e., i had to read that twice to grasp it completely. how many times have you read that book?

5. homo escapeons says:

Hello Angel. This afternoon I shall be reading from The Culture of Narcissism by Christopher Lasch.

The chapter is titled The Socialization of Reproduction and the Collapse of Authority…hrrumph…

‘In their initial revulsion against home remedies, rule-of-thumb methods, and “maternal instincts,” baby doctors and psychiatrists condemned “maternal overprotection” and urged parents to respect the child’s “emotional independence.”

My word, how impossibly 70s nest-ce pas? Not to worry, Lasch goes on to explain that Permissiveness soon produced it’s own reaction, an insistence that parents should consult their own needs as well as the child’s.

To sum up the chapter..
    “In a society without authority, the lower orders no longer experience oppression as guilt.Instead, they internalize a grandiose idea of the opportunities open to all, together with an inflated opinion of their own capacities.

If the lowly man resents those more highly placed, it is only because he suspects them of grandly violating the regulations of the game, as he would like to do himself if he dared.”

My favorite book since 1978.

6. Snoskred says:

Hi, it’s Snoskred here. I’ve recently become a blogging chick and have set myself a challenge to comment on as many Blogging Chick blogs as I can. So that’s why I’m here. 😉

“The state will oppose any such request” – it’s a John Grisham book so it was bound to be something lawyerly 🙂

Glad you’re feeling better, and you know the secret to finding someone, I think? Not looking. 😉 They will come to you as a surprise just when you call off the search.

Snoskred

helloooo terri!!!
    nuh, i’m much better- thanx to lotsa lotsa peanut and peanutbutter m&m’s!!!
    and since i visit everyone on my list once a week so i have to play catch up too!!

8. Terri says:

ROFLMAO!!!!
    That’s SOO funny Angel 😀

I hope you’re not feeling blue anymore (yep, here’s Terri playing catch-up YET again. I really have to find a way to not spend so much time at work, hehe!)

all-bunnies: mwaaaaaaaahahahahaaaa… I gotta do this again sometime! Here’s a compilation as per katt’s suggestion:

Stroke it every now and then. She gasped as he sucked her pale pink nipple in his manly lips. She had never heard anything like the noises that came out. He looked over the computer-generated image. Officials found no trace of the woman, though evidence of her handiwork was plentiful.

sowoddayafink?

10. Anonymous says:

She gasped as he sucked her pale pink nipple in his manly lips.

Mills & Boon

Kidding! couldn’t resist!!
    Mel x

11. Allan says:

“She had never heard anything like the noises that came out.”

Flesh Guitar, Geoff Nicholson

12. Faerie says:

LOL… OMG…

Where Theres Smoke… Nora Roberts.

“Stroke it every now and then.”

pssst… Im going to blog about nosieness.. LOL

13. Brigitte says:

I will have to play tomorrow – don’t have abook with me today at the office.

14. Katt says:

I’m playing too because I just happen to have Jeffery Deaver’s “The Twelfth Card” in my hand:

“He looked over the computer-generated image.”

Not really mind blowing. Hey, wouldn’t it be fun to take everyone’s contributions and try and make a story from them? There’s a challenge for you!

15. Writeprocrastinator says:

Out of context like that, it sounds like my Missus when she is up to mischief.