Foiled…!!!

Okay bunnies- no laughing allowed y’hear!!!

I know I said I wasn’t going to be around apart from one or two posts- but I have done a lot of housework tonight, and I figured this particular event was fairly blog-worthy…

I have got to have my fire extinguishers refilled… either that or I’m going to have to install smoke alarms in Damien’s bedroom. Is there such a thing as a smoke alarm? I think one of those fire alarms that need flames to sound will be too slow…

This time though- it wasn’t entirely Damien’s fault… I say “entirely” because I’m not sure. Anyhoo, his computer mouse caught fire!!! The whole flat is again filled with smoke, the horrible stinky electrical kind.

About Angel

Wife, mom, cake artist, Guide Dog puppy raiser, ADHD champion, wedding planner, and tattooed cat slave.

Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Foiled…!!!

  1. S E E Quine says:

    ` WTF?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

    ` Also – EWWWW!

    ` We have such great smoke alarms that we had to disable them. In this tiny little apartment, they would both go off whenever someone took a shower! They would also go off in the middle of the night for no apparent reason.

  2. Stef says:

    Wow! I didn’t even know that could happen. That’s crazy!

  3. angel says:

    allan: heh… don’t i know it!

  4. Allan says:

    Add me to the “it wasn’t the mouse” choir. Get the alarms!

  5. angel says:

    e.c.: well, since i know he smokes he doesn’t hide them anymore… musta been something else!

    ydg: i’m definitely going to get me some!

  6. yellowdog granny says:

    holy shit!..how scary is that..never heard of the mouse catching fire before…
    and they do make smoke detectors..in texas all apts are required to have them…cost about $9-10…

  7. Eternally Curious says:

    Ummmm – ok – I’m betting burnt mouse does a pretty good job of covering up burnt cigarette?

  8. angel says:

    jenty: hah… luckily i wasn’t finished cleaning!

    faerie: they’re not required in south africa- only business premises have strict rules around fire prevention and such

    supermom: it was and i dunno!

    sometimes saintly nick: heh heh… maybe it’ll stop him smoking in his bedroom!

    sheena gates: mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you’re a scream doll…

    darla: teehee, glad i could make you giggle…

    katy katy katy: um… i think if you work with it really fast, the friction against the mouse-pad may ignite the fluff that builds up inside the mouse over time…?

    preposterous ponderings: really? you think?

    szarek (will): see my reply to katy… heh heh

    ruby: well, i did say i’d be posting occasionally via email and i’d be reading at work when i could…

    bridget: my life would be easier with smoke detectors i reckon…

    simply curious: i can say “lawsuit”… but i doubt i’ll have a chance there with damien’s history…

    nosjunkie: mwaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaa… you mean you couldn’t tell?

    the not so “new” mom on the blog: heh heh… check my reply to katy!

    elizabeth: kind of eh?

    natalie: it did indeed!

    mel fellow blog addict: wooohoooooo! i got a promotion!!! i’m a blog nympho!!!

    jason evans: that’s what i thought… :-p

    m@: i’ll tell him!

    dyna girl: and i’ve been lucky several times!!!

    sweetass: mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa… after payday!

  9. sweetass RSA says:

    when will you bring over that bottle of wine??? LOL

  10. Dyna Girl says:

    Yikes…I am fire-starting paranoid even though I have caused two near misses post-paranoia! You are so fucking lucky. Just how does this happen? Oh God, plastic smells RANK melted. mwah!

  11. M@ says:

    Damn. That’s animal abuse, right there.

  12. jason evans says:

    Whoa. That is seriously weird.

    The way it burned, it looks like something burned next to the mouse and melted the edge.

  13. Mel fellow blog addict says:

    Mmmh? Wonder where Damien gets that addictive personality from?
    You have now being promoted from comment slut to blog nympho.

  14. Natalie says:

    You just couldn’t do it, could you sweet Angel? In all honesty, I am glad cause this post and picture of a burnt mouse is so funny! That really must have stunk the place out!

  15. elizabeth says:

    How the heck?? Wow. Kind of freaky.

  16. the not so "new" mom on the blog says:

    ha ha ha…..knew you couldn’t stay away!!!!

    Angel my dear friend, in all honesty, how does a mouse just catch on fire? hehehehe
    it’s not like D doesn’t have a history of burning things……….OMG Teenagers!!!

  17. Nosjunkie says:

    Oh is that what it is

  18. Simply Curious says:

    If indeed, it wasn’t his fault, like he didn’t tinker with it, or accidentally leave a cigarette burning on it or something, can you say lawsuit?

    On another note. *shaking finger at you* I fully expect you to be gone for a week after this.

  19. Bridget says:

    I trusted you!

    I thought you were going to doit for real!

    I didn’t even try to catch you out by coming to see if you have blogged.

    And then, today I come and WHAT?

    OMG!

    I’m so happy you have no willpower!!

    And yes, there are smoke detectors, they are designed to make the lives of people who live in posh apartments buildings a living hell.

  20. Ruby says:

    hmmm……so you didn’t even last one day? but it’s alright, we’ll fogive you…it was a momentous thing…and you did manage to do a lot of house work…LOL

    a mouse catching fire……i suspect there is a darker secret here……..

  21. Szarek(Will) says:

    Jeez….how the heel did his mouse catch fire?

  22. Preposterous Ponderings says:

    Something tells me that mouse didn’t catch on fire by itself! LOL

  23. Dino aka Katy says:

    question – how does a computer mouse catch fire?

  24. darla says:

    OK that might be the grossest thing I’ve ever seen! Absolutely hilarious as always Angel..

  25. Sheena Gates says:

    Ok, sorry, but:

    HAHAHHAHAHAAAAA HAHAHAHHAAAAAAA HAAAAHAHHAHAAAA NOT EVEN ONE DAY. NOT ONE!

    HAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    *ahem*

    That being said, please (I beg of you) please tell us how D managed this one? Who’s mouse catches fire, I mean really – thats sooo last season 😉

    Yay! You are a true blogger. COuldn’t even do one day. I love it!

  26. Sometimes Saintly Nick says:

    I’ve never before encountered a burnt computer mouse!

    Of course there are smoke alarms. My house is filled with them, although their batteries need replacing. One warning: smoke alarms can be activated by cigarette smoke.

  27. Melany aka Supermom says:

    How on EARTH did that happen!! That smell must be real bad

  28. Faerie says:

    GEEZZZ!

    and yes … dont you have smoke alarms there? they are required in ALL rental property here in TX, and Im guessing all states.

    The fire depts will give them to you if you ask I think.

  29. Jenty says:

    OMW! Glad the fire got put out before more damage was done. Eww at the thought of the smell though, there goes all your hard work at cleaning up the place.