I was tagged by Lee from the new blog- Misfit Mania– that she, Stiffla and Will are going to share. So I gave it some thought and decided to REALLY challenge myself and write a list of positive things about Valentines Day.
Why is this so much a challenge I hear you ask… Well, I have not been spoilt on Valentines Day in more than 10 years- even when I was with someone… and for the last 5 years I wore all black and sent anti-valentines messages to friends and family. Look here and here for my previous posts. This year I was under strict instructions from my boyfriend (I have a boyfriend, giggle) not to boycott it again as I now have a reason to celebrate.
So here follows my seven positive things about Valentines Day.
1. Despite a shitty financial climate and climbing interest rates, shops of all kinds will make a killing this week!
2. I have a gorgeous, sexy boyfriend I adore who is taking me out tonight and I get to dress up and wear pretty underwear!
3. A few people will wake up a little down and a little depressed and will smile later when they discover they have a secret admirer!
4. I’m pretty much guaranteed to get some tonight… giggle…
5. Several people will have a (sometimes secret) desire fulfilled today when they are given engagement rings… and a few dudes are going to be left with hurriedly thinking up excuses as it’s a leap year…
6. There are flowers everywhere!
7. Red is one of my favourite colours along with purple and black!
Holy crap bunnies, this took me forever! It really was a challenge!!! And shoot me for being a little cynical. And I’m not tagging anyone either.
Happy Valentines Day bunnies.