Bad Mommy Homework

~~~~~~ Update: here’s my homework post… ~~~~~~

You can find today’s post on The Bad Mommy Blog a little later (I’m still working on it), since what I was going to post here today turned into very belated Bad Mommy Homework for LAAAST week whilst I wrote it… I didn’t ask the other mommies for an extension though so I hope I don’t get detention. Our instructions were as follows:

This week’s homework takes the form of a letter. You will write this letter to your kid, with the intention that he will receive it on an important milestone in their life. This milestone can be anything – an age, an event or any time in the future you think is appropriate.

As much as I longed to do it, I really battled with it- considering Damien turns 17 in less than 3 weeks, I feel like I am running out of milestones. First steps, words, day-at-school, detention, girlfriend, fight, best-friend, exams, date, party. . . all gone already!

First time drinking? BTDT. . .

First time smoking? BTDT. . .

First time sex? Prolly BTDT. . . but I’m not thinking about it. . .

I s’pose there’s still things like getting his driver’s license, his first car, his first real job, his wedding day and his own children’s birth. . . but I’ll get to those when I have some time to sit down and mull them over appropriately.

And then this morning started out particularly engagingly, and I had a brainwave. I was actually writing the post in my head as I drove when I realized it fitted last week’s homework! It doesn’t fit entirely as it’s not a milestone, but I’m going to work around that.

BTW. . . have you voted for the Bad Mommy Blog in the SABlogAwards yet?

8 Responses to Bad Mommy Homework

1. S E E Quine says:

` Been There Done That.

….Right?

2. nosjunkie says:

Im sure Im a ditz for asking but what does BTDT stand for?

3. S E E Quine says:

` Poor things – since the new tenants haven’t moved in yet, I’ve taken them back over here for one more trip to the roof.
    ` They were amazed at how empty it’s gotten!
    ` And boy do I have one killer post – with pictures of the cats and mildew and everything!
    ` Since the ceilings are so high, we’re actually going to build some ‘catwalks’ up there. Of course, we won’t neglect to take them outside when it’s not too cold!

4. S E E Quine says:

` Wow! When I was seventeen, I hadn’t done much at all, not having been out of the house much, even to go to school.
    ` It’s amazing how fast kids grow up when they are allowed to.

` PS I’m getting the internet in my new apartment on Friday. I’ll write about my moving adventure then!

5. M@ says:

So overbearing…. Tsk, tsk.

6. Gin says:

Late homework is better than no homework at all! Keep up the good work.

7. Sometimes Saintly Nick says:

Damien is going to be 17? How did he grow up so fast?

8. sweets says:

yes, you’re grounded for doing your homework late!! no seeing glugs this weekend ok! hehe…

i also do the post thing in my head *phew* i thought i was weird, no more!! 😉