Brand New Insomniac!

Yup.
Moi.
The one who can sleep and has slept anywhere!
I am wide a-friggin-wake!
It’s like I just can’t switch my brain off.
I dunno how anyone could do this on a regular basis… I really don’t. I mean, I usually average about 5,5 hours sleep… but this is the second time in two weeks that I just cannot get to sleep.
I tried reading my book. I watched TV. I played every game of mahjong there is on my cellphone. I played solitaire and freecell. I turned out the light and lay in the dark telling, nay, willing myself to fall asleep… to no avail.
It’s now just after 1am.
And I would love to call the Glugster but I know I’ll wake him up…
Maybe I slept too much on the weekend? But I know that doesn’t make sense because I have slept entire weekends away in the past without battling to fall asleep in the week that follows.
Anyone else awake…?

11 Responses to Brand New Insomniac!

1. Ruby says:

welcome to my world hun…i’m the classic semi-insomniac…a condition no doctor understands. I function on about 3 hours sleep on average…and i’m quite happy to do so…but a night of total insomnia throw’s me over the edge just a little…i’m coping with a fine balance here

2. ginnygrl says:

Sorry not awake! Maybe I was if you take our time change into consideration?!? I’m having weird dreams but not the insomniac issue and a real bad habit of getting up at 3a for no apparent reason … day after day after day.

3. goosie says:

My dear friend – now you know how I feel – have been like this for almost 3 years now!!!!! Hey if I knew you were awake so late we could have chatted!

4. Bridget says:

URG!!!

I would just cry if I couldn’t sleep when I wanted to.

When you party like I do, you cannot be an insomniac!

5. sweets says:

hey you! i’m one of those too… but i quite enjoy it… which is strage hehe my only ASSvice… eat bananas… works for me 😉

dawn: ta sweetie!

hotsteppa: why hello new visitor- say hello allbunnies! welcome! welcome!

sage: i posted at about 1 and you commented around 4:30

faerie: lol… suprise!

louisa: sheesh… okay, i have got to do something about this asap.

7. Louisa says:

This happens to me from time to time…sometimes for two weeks at a time! Then I kind of doze off while walking round in the day and keep falling down stairs and into desks and so on (think black and blue bruises all over) – I’m just glad that hasn’t happened in a long time.

8. Faerie says:

Yes.. Im awake. ALWAYS!

9. Southern Sage says:

I’m here
    but I havent a clue what time this was posted
    what time it is there
    etc
    good luck falling asleep!

10. HoTsTePPa says:

I’ve bn in this boat for 3 months now. I blame stress! i use the time constructively now though, embracing insomnia with blog post after blog post, listening to the tracks on my ipod that I would normally ignore or watching downloaded sitcoms for hours.

Nothing like a good laugh to tire your mind!

11. Dawn says:

I am but in my corner of the world it is only 9pm. I did this for two years – and now that I am back to a normal sleep pattern, I often ask myself how I did it. I hope a sweet dream finds you soon. xoxo