My Bucket List

I haven’t seen the movie– but Sweets did her “bucket list” and inspired me! So here is my bucket list!!!

1. I want to see the aurora borealis from atop a glacier. I may have mentioned before how much I would like to visit Alaska… LOL!
2. I hope to see Damien get his marine biologist qualification. I’m trying to be an optimist… I know it’ll happen eventually, somehow. He seems to have developed an interest in tattooing now though, so an apprenticeship may be a good idea after school too.
3. I want to fly a micro light over and photograph the Grand Canyon.
4. In 2013 I plan to bike the 29th parallel from Port Nolloth to Richards Bay on a big ol’ Harley Davidson Fat Boy.
5. I dearly want to photograph the wrecks and ruins of the skeleton coast. I know it’s been done- I wanna do it too.
6. Get married in a few of the Vegas chapels.
7. I have always been fascinated by archaeology… so I want to visit what’s left of Pompeii.
8. I want to see and photograph the Mayan ruins.
9. I want to see Machu Picchu with my own eyes.
10. I think I would love to go skydiving, gliding and hang-gliding. I’ve flown in a microlight and I loved it- I want to fly in such a way that I can see the ground underneath me.
11. Ooh- and I want to take a baking course or class something. I do so love baking and I want to try everything I see on TV and in magazines and I don’t know how. I hate not knowing how to do something.
12. I really want to see the terracotta army.

18 Responses to My Bucket List

Jenty: why thank you!

Ruby: 😀

M.I.: 🙁

Anonymous: I have also heard that… makes me feel bad for wanting to see it and contribute to its ruination…

2. Anonymous says:

Cool list! Speaking of Machu Picchu I saw an insert on TV the other day highlighting how that sacred area is being ruined by the tourists, they leave all their litter around the site! shocking, and a couple thousand ppl go through there a day, now the local municipality is going to increase those numbers, it is so very sad, it is one place I would love to visit, but it is such a special place and they really should limit the number of ppl per day and not have visitors everyday.

3. Malicious Intent says:

I am so pissed! I left a comment here and it’s gone…just gone.
    F’n blogspot!

4. Ruby says:

angel face, you are the best!!!! fanx for moving the eightlegged one my friend;)

5. Jenty says:

what a fantastic list!!

donn: aaaah… makes so much sense!

phillygirl: 😀

ruby: the heart of a true adventurer… i like that description!

kattbox: ta!

the jackson files: i have no idea… mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

sweets: ooh yes- you have GOT to do it with me!

mel: well i watch m.i., and i will be totally green if you get to go there!

arkwife: yay- you’re welcome to!

ydg: so i’ve been told
    😀

faerie: oh i hope you feel better soon!

jo: its on my list!

allan: ooer… sorry to break the news so abruptly dude!

7. Allan says:

Pompeii was destroyed? That sucks. I wonder if I can get a refund on my timeshare?

8. JO says:

You should see the movie! It was really, really good!

Great list! I have yet to come up with my bucket list.

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comments.

9. Faerie says:

so ya know.. im out of the hosp… ill catch up soon… when i have the energy

10. yellowdog granny says:

13. go see the bucket list..you’ll laugh till you cry…

11. Arkwife says:

HA!! See, I’m not the only one who freaks out over the spider *shudders*

I’m climbing in your suitcase when you go to Machu Picchu!!

12. Mel says:

Impressive! Will have to do one too.
    I presume you and Damien watch Miami ink? I am hopefully going to Miami next May if Gary makes his target and then I will get a teeny little girl-pants tattoo.
    PS, that spider is a freak out, squish it!

13. sweets says:

i’ll have to start saving for my own harley then :)~

loved your list tjomma!!!

14. The Jackson Files says:

Can you get married more than once even in Vegas?

Great list though – I hope you get to do it all.

15. kattbox says:

Okay, I could probably help you out with one of the options in No. 10:

It’s close to you and gliding clubs love visitors.

There is also a hang-gliding station in the area.

Time for a Sunday drive out to Magalies?

16. Ruby says:

erm….angel…that 8 legged freak is really freaking me out everytime i come here:(

Very interesting list;) sounds like you’ve got the heart of a true adventurer…oh, and the skeleton coast is awesome!!! i’ve seen little bits of it…i love it!

17. phillygirl says:

Wow Angel, you have listed so many things I’d put on my list too 🙂

18. Donnnnn says:

I would love to see all of those marvels too..
    the flying, not so much.
    I am an inordinately terrestrial being and prefer to stay that way.
    Head in the clouds and feet on the ground!