Where To Go…?!!

Anglug and the knucklehead will be visiting the beautiful Cape Town in December. I haven’t been there since about 1982, and back then all I was interested in was bumper-boats and plastic model horses. Glugs hasn’t been in a long time either, so we’d like some suggestions as to places to go and things to see.

The Two Oceans Aquarium is already on our list, as is Table Mountain (queues permitting of course), the Brass Bell and the V&A Waterfront. I found a bundle of other things online too (literally a list 101 items long), but we’d like to hear whats interesting from you guys…

We’d also like to organise a place to meet some CT bloggers while we’re down there- and we were thinking of just parking ourselves in a restaurant somewhere thats easy to find and having you join us there – those who’d like to of course (listen to me going on like we’re bloggebrities or something)! Any suggestions?

10 Responses to Where To Go…?!!

1. Mel says:

Yip, some good suggestions here except from the bushbaby who declare us fake with too many schmodles around. we LIKE people watching remember.. gorg skinny insecure girls, Ken doll boys, moffie guys.
    you have to go to The Sandbar in Camps Bay for cocktails and invite me to join you. Where are you staying? When do you arrive and when do you leave?

2. phillygirl says:

Okay, there are loads of cool things to do in Cape Town πŸ™‚

1. I agree with Louisa, get down to Boulder’s Beach (with the penguins) – it’s just past Simon’s Town. So you should do a route round Cape Point at the same time, go past Scarborough, Misty Hills, Kommetjie etc.

2. Wine tasting is a must, but I prefer Franschhoek to Stellenbosch (here is a good map!)

3. Brass Bell is awesome, but Cape to Cuba for dinner is also fun πŸ™‚ Oh, and definitely 5flies (for dinner)

4. Love the aquarium! & you've definitely gotta visit Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens (depending when you're there try going for carols)

Have a blast πŸ™‚

3. Anonymous says:

Where will u be staying? Adventure , outdooor or quieter stuff? I am a born and bred Capetonian and will help !!!Here is my e-mail addy if u want to communicate that way:stukkendestoel@hotmail.com

4. Goblin says:

Be sure to let some of us know when you’ve picked somewhere πŸ˜‰

5. Simply-Mel says:

In my neck of the woods…deep south… I could suggest the following/ (if you havent been before)

Boulder Beach in Simonstown. Actually Simonstown is a lovely village and well worth a visit.

Kalk Bay is AWESOME. Thats where the Brass Bell is….which was my high school haunt…lots of little shops and restaurants and a great vibe.

I dont do malls but if you do…then Cavendish Square in Claremont is pretty upmarket and their is a cinema nouvea. I LOATHE Canal Walk, its massive and always completely packed.

Depending on your vibe – Ratanga Junction is great. I am a ride junkie + they often have great live entertainment.

AN absolute must are the Summer Sunset Concerts every Sunday evening at Kirstenbosch gardens. Bring a picnic, wine and a blanket and get to see some of the hottest acts around. Go to the website for a detailed schedule to see whats hot when you here.

Let me know when you down – we are away here and there but would love to come say howzit if I am here. melody@global.co.za

6. Expensive Mistakes and Cheap Thrills says:

blue peter is a rad place.

feeding the squirrels is cool too.

visit Metal Machine Tattoo Parlour near long street ( i think it is corner of short and market st, if i’m not mistaken).

Go to the Purple Turtle (dodgy bar) on Long Street and play pool. It’s an amazing place.

And that’s all I can remember….i was drunk for much of the time i was in cape town last.

7. harassedmomsramblings says:

OOOHHH ENJOY IT!!!!

I have no helpful tips! Kids and I went last year and found a stunning beach somewhere and just parked there every day! For the life of me I can not remember what it was called!

8. Louisa says:

Mmm…well you HAVE to go wine tasting! Stellenbosch is a pretty cool place to go – Kanonkop or Warrick – there are plenty of good ones…word of caution, they close eraly on Saturdays. one of them has a chocolate and wine tasting together, but I forget which one now.

Oh, and I never got to see it but I believe there’s a place called boulders beach which has awesome penguins on it and cute little walk ways.

In Canal Walk there’s a pizza place called Col’Cacchio’s which used to have all you drink cocktail specials on Wednesdays and Sundays/Saturdays (can’t remember which one) for R70 – not sure if that’s still ongoing.

Go have sundowners at Blue Peter on Blouberg – but just mentally prepare yourself for an awesome view and really crappy service.

I’ve heard that feeding the enormous squirrels in the company gardens can be quite an experience, but I never got round to it – and if you’re in the mood for a picnic the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens are fantastic!

Let’s see, what else can you do…mmm…Angel, there’s plenty I promise. In the unlikely event of you getting bored you can always go to one of those tourist information places – they have loads of ideas.

Hope this helps? πŸ˜‰

9. momcat says:

I like Cape Town – was down there in October for only 1.5 days for my daughter’s 21st and didn’t see much but we did get to The Brass Bell cos it is close to where she stays and the whales indulged me with a display of splashing which was very cool. I like your word bloggebrities – that should definitely go in the Bloggers Dictionary.

10. mommanats says:

Sorry can’t help you here. I hate Capetown. I think the people are fake, they support the Stormers and too many wannabe models running around – but hey that’s just me!!!

Besides I’ m a girl of the bush. Give me a game farm, a camp fire and animal noises at night any time!

I do hope you enjoy it and take loads of pics!!!