Peeping Out From Behind The Madness…

Sorry I’ve been so scarce bunnies… Lotsa stuff on the go here.

The knucklehead is in seventh heaven. He’s spending this coming weekend with his father and stepmother again, after spending last Friday night with them and meeting his paternal grandparents. He’s calling him “dad” already- which made my heart jump a little in my chest when I heard it– so this is clearly something he’s wanted for a long time. His paternal granparents couldn’t get over how much he looks like his father! His stepmom- I need to call her something “nicer”– blew me away! I got a text message from her asking if there were any dietary restrictions for Damien since he has ADHD! I was seriously touched that she thought to ask me. We had a bit of a chat over the phone and I felt a lot less stressed when we’d done chatting. The knucklehead got home early Saturday morning beaming from ear to ear! And do remember, when you leave a comment, that this is as much a record for the knucklehead as for me. Nastiness will mean passwords & I don’t want to do that…

We’ve started our get-to-know-you sessions with the minister who will be conducting the #AnGlugWedding ceremony in July. He’s very cool and the first session was very interesting- my Glugs and I know each other very well!

The dogs have settled in beautifully. Their names are officially Thelma & Louise (the black one is Louise) and they are very well behaved. We’ll be starting dog school some time too. The cats are adjusting, Greebo and Diva are the most “shaken” by having the dogs outside.

There are some interesting developments afoot too… more on that when I can talk about it! 😀

I’m baking LOTS! I’m having to turn down two to three orders a week because I can’t fit them in! Talk about a rock and a hard place…

My daddy darling is still up and down…

16 Responses to Peeping Out From Behind The Madness…

1. Sally-Jane says:

seems with being off line I missed quite a lot, so glad that everything seems to be going well with KH and his dad. But I can understand the how hard it must be, I dread the day my ex ever decides to come to SA and wants to share them again.

Good luck with the last few weeks of wedding plans
    .-= Sally-Jane´s last blog ..Father’s Day Dilemma – the modern family =-.

2. Briget says:

I am glad to hear that your Knucklehead is having such a pleasant time with his BioDad 🙂 Difficult times though.. Difficult times indeed.
    “Min Dae” till the big Day!! Flutterbyes in your tummy <–Must have plenty !

P.S. Glad to hear “the girls” are settling in so nicely .
    .-= Briget´s last blog ..Toothpicks for Freuds.. =-.

3. Mel says:

Sounds like the best possible outcome has come to fruition….although its a very tough and emotional journey for you, the mom, my thoughts remain with you all.
    .-= Mel´s last blog ..Sport Silliness =-.

4. sleepyjane says:

I’m glad you decided on Thelma and Louise. 🙂 Cool names! Oh and you guys will have so much fun at the dog school, it’s amazing how fast they pick things up and to see them interact with other dogs is just too interesting.

I’m really glad Damien is having fun – he’s so awesome. I had fun chatting to him at Troy’s bday party. 🙂
    .-= sleepyjane´s last blog ..“You know you love me” =-.

5. Darla says:

Congrats with everything going so well with Damien and his father and your upcoming wedding!! Really only a little over a month away? Where has time gone!! You are an amazing woman!! ::hugs::
    .-= Darla´s last blog ..who turned on the heat =-.

6. Pol says:

Interesting developments?????
    Hope its what i think it could be :0)
    Sorry i dont comment often when you so often do at mine, for some reason my work internet access blocks your site so i can only look at home where i have Imogen so you can imagine….
    Pol x
    .-= Pol´s last blog ..Another Girl!! =-.

7. Keep up the good work, I like your writing.

8. Gen says:

WOW – This is totally amazing….! Who w0uld have thought, huh? Hopefully we can catch up this weekend via phone 🙂 MWA

9. Katy says:

so glad things are going well on the father business for you both. Not having known mine and sadly never going to be able to I can just imagine how happy he is that they get along. Love the pups names
    .-= Katy´s last blog ..Early morning over europe =-.

10. Laura says:

I am glad this is going so well – for you all!!!

11. Momcat says:

Damien needed to get to know his dad so that he can see the whole picture of his origins. This in no way minimises that you and your parents have always been there for him since he was a baby and his dad and the other side of the family haven’t. Its always easier (and cheaper) to be the parent to a grown up child than one still going through school. This whole new relationship is exciting at the moment but one wrong move by dad will send him hurtling back to you. The dad hasn’t got the solid relationship with Damien that you have. No worries there. Just concentrate on your wedding and the final arrangements and everything will work out just fine.

12. Michelle says:

Its great to see things are working out for you! I also enjoyed the get-to-know session. It is a must and an eye opener! But you guys will like it. I tend to agree with April and wonder I they will come clear as to what they did so many years ago. On the other hand you know, it is pathetic that people who wanted to have nothing to do with their grandchild (whether it was support emotionally and financially), now suddenly walk with their heads in the clouds. Well lady, you did great in bringing up your boy on your own without any support from them, at least you can face them, which I doubt they can do. You take care and enjoy the wedding planning and Good Luck!

13. blackhuff says:

Soooo happy to hear about your dad. Very happy to read everything is going so good with your son’s father and his wife. I remember those get-to-know sessions with the minister. My husband did not like them at all but I on the other hand have enjoyed it 🙂

14. I am so touched by the way everything seem to just work out for Damien and I really hope that you are in your heart ok with all this. Great on your baking!

15. April says:

I am very glad things are working out fine and going well for Damien and his Father and that things are working out just fine. From now on I am sure it will only go better and easier. I just would like to know what is going through his paternal grandparents’ heads (do they think back of what they did 19 years ago??? Are they feeling guilty or ashamed???). I guess they are the only people that will know the answer to this!! I just hope they do feel ashamed of themselves!!!! I really hope your dad will feel better!! Goodluck girl and have a great day!!!!! Enjoy the baking!