Sheesh

This Weigh-Less thing is no joke! Perhaps with a scale like this I’d have more fun?

scale3

For one thing, I actually only started it properly yesterday- almost a week after I joined. I didn’t have all the right food in the house when I signed up, and it made it way too easy to just eat whatever there was in the pantry and the fridge. That defeats the object entirely. And for another, weighing everything is a schlep!

So now I’ve done the shopping, and believe you me the food I have to eat every day is more than plenty. Before I know it its time to eat yet again.

Today is my first weigh-in after I joined. I don’t think I lost any weight… in fact I’d be surprised if I didn’t pick up a kilogram!

The actual meals, eating the food, and weighing everything and such is not the end of the world. For me the biggest battle is not snacking in between the times I am supposed to eat.

But I am going to continue to try. I’m sure it will get easier with time.

16 Responses to Sheesh

1. Ruby says:

*Jumps up and down with pompoms* you an doooo iiiiiiit!

2. Hanging in there with you! Two weeks almost…I am so used to sitting on my fat a$@ that I need to get MOVING! You are right, having the right food makes all the difference! I’ve had a much easier time with the right food at hand…making YUMMY stuff!

3. Cybersass says:

Good luck Angel! This is also my year of losing weight and getting fit. It’s not easy, I know. Hang in there.

4. acidicice says:

You know I am right here with you. I am also told it will get easier, but I’m having trouble believing it. Surely if it got easier all the time I would have succeeded at some point?

Even though I am at the very beginning of what is going to be a very long journey I am not as enthusiastic as I usually am when I start something like this. Perhaps that will be what makes this time different.

5. Brigitte says:

I know you can do it!

6. Bobbi Janay says:

It will get easier.

7. Tanya says:

Good Luck Angel!! I’m trying to start my Sure Slim again too…aiiiii not easy girl!

8. Julia says:

I found my first week to be the worst of all. You are right in that it does get easier. I weigh my food exactly the way BiancaW does. And I’m finding that when I’m somewhere without my scale I can judge what 100g is. I am PMS’ing at the moment so feel like snacking all the time. I am just drinking lots of rooibos tea when I feel those pangs. So far it’s OK. As long as I have the food and I plan my meals.

9. And i’m sure all the baking you do is not helping one iota!

10. Darla says:

scales are terrible! lol

11. BiancaW says:

I have been on it for 5 weeks and lost 4.4 kgs. Not super fast, but I am starting to feel the loss in my clothes.

Have you got a nice electronic scale? Not one of those silly Weigh less ones. I have found that makes a huge difference. I place my plate on my scale, zero it and each time I add my food, I zero it again. No hassle at all.

I also love that whenever my tummy tells me it is time it eat, it really IS time to eat something. 🙂

Good luck! You and me are in this together.

12. marcelle says:

Go girl…sure it will be fine!!

13. lulu says:

I have done weighless and it really works, I am so proud of you stick to it girl it’s worth it! Actually you have almost inspired me to go back to weighless I lost 17.6kg on weighless and as you say the food is plenty just different not our usual snacky stuff 🙂 I’m really excited for you!!

14. Laura says:

I have never really weighed my food – except for stuff like red meat which you really can have like a table spoon :-p

Snacking also KILLS me – I prefer to eat all day than eat meals or set snacks!

15. blackhuff says:

Weighing your food will get easier. After a few months, you will be able to judge by eye, how much food you can have.
    And I am happy to read that you know that this whole process will get easier, which really do get easier over time.
    You sound very positive about the whole thing, which is really good.

16. caz says:

Well done lady. Once your house is stocked with the right things it’s a lot easier! Hope the weigh in goes ok x