Sluts And Allies Unite! SlutwalkJHB Is Happening!

Right bunnies!

I have invited everyone on my Facebook friends list and I have blogged about it before- because I am asking that even if you can’t make it to the walk, that you spread the word. There is most likely a walk taking place simultaneously in CT!

The reason for the Slutwalk– which is a worldwide phenomenon- is because the general public’s mindset has to change.

We have to stop blaming the victim, and start blaming the perpetrator!

We have to stop teaching how not to get raped and start teaching that rape is unacceptable. No matter what you wear, or what you look like, you have the right not to be sexually assaulted, and if you are, you have the right not to be blamed for someone else’s actions.

The South African statistics are very scary. One-in-nine women are victims of rape, but one-in-nine is not just a statistic. One-in-nine is a woman I know and love and respect.

You can wear stilettos or six-ups, a miniskirt or jeans, it doesn’t matter. Come and make your voice heard along with mine at 11am on August 20th 2011 (the starting point is still to be announced).

…come play on my roller coaster…

9 Responses to Sluts And Allies Unite! SlutwalkJHB Is Happening!

1. meganTS says:

i’m in! i wont attempt the heels though. i can barely stand in heels, let alone walk like a slut in them 😛

2. Louisa says:

It’s too bloody cold to slut-up – but I’m definitely coming for the walk (as soon as I know where). I’m spreading the word at the office too and there is a lot of interest.

3. Darla says:

OH I would if I could! I’d wear a shirt, heels and mini skirt LOUD AND PROUD!! Walk for us all Angel!!

4. cybersass says:

and btw, unfortunately the 1-in-9 statistic is about how many women report their rapes. it’s more like 1-in-4 or 1-in-3. 🙁
    cybersass recently posted…misty memories- snapshots from a funeralMy Profile

5. cybersass says:

thanks for spreading the word angel! and yes, there’s one happening in cape town and durban on the same day. see you there!!!
    cybersass recently posted…misty memories- snapshots from a funeralMy Profile

6. becky says:

There was one in Portland, OR that a friend of my friend went to. Unfortunately we didn’t know about it until AFTER the fact, but I’m going to definitely keep my ear out for next time!
    becky recently posted…I finished it!!My Profile

7. Jenty says:

I’m on holiday :((
    Jenty recently posted…The tantrum and then revengeMy Profile

8. Fiona says:

Awesome initiative!
    I’ll pass it onto my mailing list 🙂
    Fiona recently posted…Chitchat for a Tuesday evening…My Profile

9. alidaonline says:

I got your invite and I’m hoping to make it. Have early morning plans that day but if I really haul it I might make it through to JHB in time.

Excellent cause this.
    alidaonline recently posted…A case of the sadsMy Profile