The Interview Went Well!

Today the representative of the South African Guide-dog Association came to see me in connection with my application to be a guide-dog puppy raiser!

Raising guide-dog puppies is something I have wanted to do for many years. My situation was never ideal though- working full day, living in a flat, raising the knucklehead, etcetera- and now that I work from home and my knucklehead is a grown up its something I can do!

Its quite a process to become a puppy raiser, and I sent my application in a few months ago and today their rep, Monica, could finally come and see me and check out the house.

I think the interview went very well, and within a few weeks we’ll know for sure whether we will be receiving a puppy or not.

I will be blogging about the whole adventure on my Angel’s Cats blog if you want to read more about it, and I intend to make full use of social media to create awareness of the Guide-Dog Association’s cause as well.

7 Responses to The Interview Went Well!

1. Louisa says:

That’s fantastic! Do you have to get special training to do this? Cam’t wait to hear more about it.
    Louisa recently posted…Down a road called Dale LaceMy Profile

2. becky says:

Very cool! I’m sure you’ll love it!!
    becky recently posted…I would like a nap, PleaseMy Profile

3. Laura says:

Holding thumbs πŸ™‚ Its going to be a cool adventure

4. alidaonline says:

You’re going to be such a good Guide-Pup mom! Holding thumbs you get a puppy.
    alidaonline recently posted…I don’t wanna anymoreMy Profile

5. blackhuff says:

It will be interesting to read about the puppy raising – I hope you are successful.
    blackhuff recently posted…Motivation 101 tips for exercisers in the winterMy Profile

6. Nes says:

That’s awesome! πŸ™‚ My friend has been a guide dog puppy raiser and she loves it. I would love to do something like that but I can’t even have a dog right now. Damn, little complex. That said, I do love my cat to pieces. Anyway, good luck with it all. Sure you’ll be a puppy raiser soon! πŸ™‚
    Nes recently posted…BreatheMy Profile

7. Jenty says:

Oh wow!! That’s an awesome thing to do, hope you get to train a puppy
    Jenty recently posted…A dinner with old friendsMy Profile