Louisa, of 123 Blog Myself fame, gave me a blog award that includes instructions to tell you more about myself!!
So, as much as I hate talking about myself…
Here’s a list for your amusement! I don’t know how many of these will actually be news to anyone though, unless you’re new to my blog that is.
- I have lists. I need lists. I have at least 20 of them on my BB, including a shopping list that I keep up to date and a list of my Glugster’s favourite things. I have a checklist for looking at wedding venues, a checklist for looking at a potential home, a list of books I want, a list of DVDs I own, a list I use when packing a suitcase… Ja. Nuff said.
- I’ve mentioned I’m a chicken? When I got my first pair of roller skates, I spent several weeks on my haunches pulling myself along with my fingers because I was too scared to stand up! Climbing trees?! Oh good lawd no! There’s a possibility I may fall and break an arm or a leg and end up in a cast, or worse.
- When I’m watching TV, and they show someone speaking but kind of in profile from behind them so you can see the person they’re speaking to- it drives me batty when the speaker’s jaw movement doesn’t synchronise with what he or she is saying!
- I have no trouble staying indoors. It seems popular perception that if you live in South Africa, you love being outside and being in the sun and… stuff. I don’t do sunshine or gardening or swimming pools. I love my air conditioner, and if I do need to be outside I will be in the shade, covered in sunblock and wielding a fan.
- Have you ever watched Monk? A lot of his quirks are my quirks… especially the ones about rules. Speeding, jay-walking, queuing, spelling, schedules… I stick to them- almost manically- and it drives me round the bend when other people don’t!
- I have a bit of a thing about TV series… if I find one I like and I start watching it, I get quite anxious if I miss an episode! It messes with the order of things. Way back when, I had reminders for TV programs set on my phone calendar! Then I got a VHS that had a timed recording option so I could record a program even though I wasn’t home to do so. And now we have access to a PVR decoder… for me this is seventh heaven! You can stop shaking your head at me now.
- I can very easily become obsessive… at one point I was so tetchy over germs and surfaces that I was washing my hands every 10 minutes! I still find myself wiping my hand on my pants if I have to touch an escalator railing. I intensely dislike touching elevator buttons, ATMs or other people’s keyboards. I have to force myself not to think about how many germs are on my hands after I’ve been grocery shopping. I try not to touch my face if I haven’t washed my hands for a while… When I’m working in my kitchen, I wash my hands every time I touch something other than my baking utensils!
You don’t think I’m strange at all, do you…?
So now, who can I give it to, hhhmm…
I think I’m going to give it to the following people- since I would like them to share a bit of a list about themselves. They’ve probably already been given this award since these things do get around, especially when you have to give them to 15 bloggers!
Elise – Diary Of…, Cow’s Corner, Hello Tanya, Small Town Lulu, my favourite school teacher over at It’s Happy Hour!, Darla and her twin sister Rantings From The Time Out Corner, Baby Mama’s Blog, misterri musings, The Jackson Files, Unwritten, nevermore, neverless, Sharon Senior Photography, Snowgoose and Swiss Twist!