Gadgets That Make My Life Easier!

I’m not referring specifically to electronic gadgets here, I’m sure most of you know how I love my phone, laptop and camera. And my Kenwood Chef.

My pooper scooper! Hells bells I dunno how I went without one for so long! I have one exactly like this one from Westpack, but I got mine from Pick n Pay. I hardly have to bend at all, and since I scoop poop in my garden several times a day this gadget is right up there with my favourites.

My fans. Not fans as in fanatics, fans as in handheld fans with which to fan my face.
I simply LOATHE the heat! I can’t tell you how much! I cannot function when it gets too hot, and having a small fan with me at all times means I can wave cool air around my face and neck no matter where I am.

My round cutters! These are the cutters I use on cakes when I want to quickly and cleanly trim the excess sugarpaste cover on the cake board!

My tilting, rotating cake stand! Okay, to say I can’t do without this tool is the understatement of the year! I gasped in excitement when I found it in a shop I could afford! I can’t tell you how much easier this tool has made my life!

So what are the gadgets you use, to make your life easier?

Just a disclaimer- I wasn’t asked, paid, bribed, invited, or otherwise coerced into writing this blog post, nor did I receive anything in exchange for writing this blog post.

10 Responses to Gadgets That Make My Life Easier!

1. Angel says:

I don’t remember that acid, but I do remember how I cooked when I had my knucklehead, and I am very glad it helped!
    Angel recently posted…Photos I Found On My Phone…My Profile

2. acidicice says:

You recommended I take a fan into hospital with me when I gave birth to Babyice. That fan practically saved my life! Hormones made me very, very hot!

I must say I cannot live without my dishwasher!
    acidicice recently posted…Fun night. Not really.My Profile

3. Our poop scoop too (and that cake stand is stunning) I love your fan idea !

For me it’s also my AEG electric pressure cooker and a plain old note book.
    cat@jugglingact recently posted…There are two types of people…My Profile

4. alida says:

My phone is more than a phone for me (actually the one function I wish it didn’t have was the phone bit). Organiser, reminder, entertainment thingamajig.

Poop scoop has to be high up there on the best gadget ever invented.

5. Angel says:

ROTFL Laura!
    Bex, I learned the fan thing from my dad’s mom, my Ouma Jean. She always had one with her.
    I use my microwave a lot too, Louisa!
    Do you make your own pizza that you use a cutter, Shaz? Thats impressive!
    I too, would be lost without my phone, blackhuff!

6. Bex says:

I soooo agree on these. The maker of the pooper scooper deserves a big fat kiss on the mouth. I would love one of those revolving cake holders. Fabulous!! And that fan idea is great… I’m always have hot flashes… gonna have to try that!!
    Bex recently posted…lost and foundMy Profile

7. Laura says:

I don’t pick up dog poop but the scooper makes it so much easier for the kids :-p
    Laura recently posted…Thursday ThingsMy Profile

8. Louisa says:

My phone is now my phone, my messaging, my email, my internet, my camera, my radio, my clock – I really use it all day long for something or another.

I would not be able to go anywhere without my GPS. I know I could do that on the phone too, but I like a separate device for that kind of thing – especially one that isn’t relying on Vodacom data signal for its effectiveness.

Microwave oven, I nuke – often.

Kettle, no coffee without that.

My laptop – which we mostly use as a digital photo frame and TV, but every day so that’s got to count for something.
    Louisa recently posted…More of our photo shootMy Profile

9. blackhuff says:

I like the gadgets you’re using to make your life easier daily. Especially those cutters.
    Mine would be my typing skill for my work and also my phone.
    blackhuff recently posted…I did not see itMy Profile

10. Sharon says:

That pizza cutter is awesome, my pizzas would be a hot mess if I try to cut them with a knife.
    As for gadgets, my phone and my camera, it would be like losing both arms if I lost those.