You Want To Freak Me The Fork Out?!?

Put a maggot anywhere near me!

The heat we’ve been experiencing and delays in rubbish collection with all the holidays and all the extra food and stuff that gets thrown out after get togethers means I am having a problem with flies. And flies mean maggots.

I know a maggot can’t hurt me, that they only feed on rotting produce, but knowledge and creep-factor are two very different things.

Those little fuckers move unbelievably fast and just when you think you’ve gotten rid of all of them another one will appear! They try to get out of the light because too much sun will kill them, so they squirm into all the nooks and crannies and underneath things, and if you aren’t already grossed out by them, you will be when I tell you they are covered – COVERED – with EYES!
Okay so they’re not regular eyes as such, they’re more like photo-receptors, but that doesn’t make it any less yuck to me.

So now I am going ASAP to buy those vapour dispensers for insects that seem to be working like a bomb in my sister’s house… But I am a little leery of them because my asthma has never reacted well to Doom or Target or any of those things… and it means I am going to lose my spiders, and I am not happy about that at all!

6 Responses to You Want To Freak Me The Fork Out?!?

1. MeganTS says:

*shuddder* they freak me the hell out too!!
    MeganTS recently posted…K1 Started Big SchoolMy Profile

2. ExMi says:

this kinda makes me almost grateful that the only noo-noos i’ve had to deal with recently are parktown prawns. dead ones. maggots? eeeeeuw!
    ExMi recently posted…On Pink or Blue. Hopefully Today Is The Day.My Profile

3. blackhuff says:

I had this little buggers last year. Luckily this year we did not but I totally get your disgust regarding them. Although they are very clean according to scientists, they are very gross to me.
    blackhuff recently posted…Are you allowed?My Profile

4. Laura says:

*heave* I had a maggot problem just after we got Lucy – we recycle so much that our bin doesn’t go out every week and with the dog poop in there the maggots thought it was Christmas!!!!!

After discussing with twitter the best course of action – after it was emptied I threw buckets of water with chlorine in at the bin and the area it is in. It was the only thing that worked – doom makes them run!! It was awful!
    Laura recently posted…2012 – the year in reviewMy Profile

5. Bex says:

Bugs… icky!! Snakes don’t trip me out… and I can deal with most spiders… but some bugs that are hairy and icky freak me out too!!
    Bex recently posted…changes for 2013My Profile

6. Louisa says:

So funny that these freak you out but you love spiders! 😉