…is another stolen blogging idea- this time from SleepyJane!!
This is my first top ten Tuesday list, and my first list is going to be- brace yourselves- my ten favourite movies of all time! Hey… I never said these lists would be phenomenally interesting or anything! Anyhoodle, here hey are. They’re in no particular order, I tried- but I couldn’t order them without going back and rearranging them…!
1. Beetlejuice I saw this on the big screen with a gawjiss dude I had an immense crush on… we stayed very close friends for years too. It was this movie that got me hooked on Tim Burton’s style!
2. From Dusk Till Dawn was directed by Robert Rodriquez and written by Quentin Tarantino. I’m a fan of both of them. This is one of Damien’s favourites too.
3. The Lost Boys is a total cult classic by Joel Schumacher- he revamped the vampire movie genre completely! My knucklehead loves this one too, he even has a T-shirt.
4. Romeo and Juliet, the Baz Luhrmann version. The only movie I can think of that has ever made me cry. Ever.
5. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang blew me away! I was home alone one Friday afternoon, with no Damien and before Glugs, and I saw this on the rental shelf. With Robert Downey Jr and Val Kilmer as top billing I was intrigued as I’d never heard of it. Lemme tell you, bunnies- I enjoyed it so much I watched it twice in a row!
6. Alien Ridley Scott’s absolute classic- I’ve lost count of how many times the knucklehead and I have seen this and we still jump!
7. Se7en is along the genre-lines of “Silence of the Lambs” I think. It’s scary, and has me on the edge of my seat every time I watch it. Kevin Spacey is quite chilling in his performance…
8. Lucky Number Slevin is a stroke of genius. Its one of those movies that only adds up right at the end, with a really juicy twist in it too!
9. Kill Bill 1 and Kill Bill 2 are absolute favourites. If you haven’t seen them, then go right ahead- just keep in mind they’re made to echo the manga comics and movies and for that reason are very over the top.
10. 12 Monkeys is a vastly underrated post-apocalyptic, science fiction movie, starring a Brad Pitt in a simply magnificent portrayal of a lunatic, and Bruce Willis as a stressed and confused time-traveler. I have it on DVD and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve watched it.