I found this meme thingy over at Cheryl’s place and I thought it gave me some insight into her year, as well as making me look at my own. I thought I’d do it too.
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
I did a canopy tour– literally gliding across a ravine on a series of cables, it was incredible!
2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes indeedy- Damien’s weekend parents had twin boys a few days after his birthday!
3. Did anyone close to you die?
I wish I could say no… but I lost a friend of mine following a two week coma after a car accident.
4. What countries did you visit?
None- I didn’t even see anything new in my own!
5. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Money, money, money… and another tattoo. Yes really!
6. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Friday 13th January 2006. Easily the longest, most tortuous day of my life- my dad had been in hospital for a little under a week and they took him into surgery when they found bleeding on the brain… unsure of whether it was an aneurysm or a tumor. It was touch and go for several hours… it turned out to be a burst blood vessel that repaired itself and he came home a week later! It was a long recovery, but I’ve still got my daddy darling!!
7. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I battled a bit with bronchitis and asthma in the winter, and then I had a hernia repair in October that worked like a charm! No more heartburn!
8. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My darling Damien! He handled a lot of tricky situations admirably- there was a bully at his school and he was a leader at a week long bible school for under privileged children. He also got several As on school assignments!
9. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Truly- my country’s politicians and leaders. It seemed like every time I turned on the TV or the radio another one had been caught doing something underhanded. It makes me very despondent for my darling Damien’s future.
10. Where did most of your money go?
Apart from the normal stuff, it went on school stuff and school fees and paying doctors… oh and my internet connection!
11. What did you get really, really excited about?
Getting my internet connection at home up and running!
12. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier, thinner and poorer!
13. What was your favorite TV program?
The Most Amazing Show was far and away my favourite! Season two just started and I’m loving it all over again!
14. What was the best book you read?
More than one actually… Steven King’s “The Dark Tower” (1 to 4- I’ve got 6 and 7 but I don’t have 5 yet) and Tertia’s “So Close”
15. Is there someone or something you missed this past year?
Very occasionally… I missed someone that I have yet to meet.
16. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 33 and my extraordinary family threw me a surprise “kiddies” party with balloons and streamers and even dressed me up- replete with tiara, wings and wand!!
17. What kept you sane?
Without a doubt- my blog and my readers, as well as my ADHD email support group.
18. What is one new thing you’d like to accomplish this coming Year?
I think I’d like to learn Java.
19. If you could do ONE thing this New Year and NOT get chastised by, or for it, what would you do?
Get tattooed from shoulder blade to elbow on both arms!
20. If you could really, and actually, meet one blogger in 2007, who would you want to meet?
Holy crap- how on earth can I choose just one!?!?! I wanna meet everybody! But if I really, actually could meet only one- it’d have to be…
…nope, I give up on choosing just one!