I got me some bloggy bling!!
Shoowee bunnies… I’m feeling very blessed and loved at the moment!!
I’m now going to award it to the following bloggers before I compile the list of ten things that the award asks for (this’ll give me some time to think of ten things you may not yet know about me).
First up is Supermom. Because Mel really is “super” in so many ways, and über mom who goes out of her way to help strangers.
Then I’ll give it to Doula Mel. A blogger who works selflessly for others, and who is as fabulous in real life as she is on her blog!
Malicious Intent is another recipient. She is a champion for Autism and she’s my role model when it comes to helping parents of special needs kids.
And it’s for Doodles of a Journo. She’s ladylike. She’s always impeccably turned out and she’s a gracious hostess.
My photography mentor- Jenty’s Ramblings– gets it too. I have caught myself thinking “…how would Jenty see this…” when I look through my viewfinder. She’s not only an incredible photographer but a helluva writer too!
I’m also going to give it to BobbiJanay. No matter the time difference, this awesome mommy manages to keep up with a whole bunch of SA bloggers!
And I’m going to give it to Alida, from Seize the Chocolate. This is someone I know and like in real life, and I am chuffed she’s blogging too! She’s an animal lover of note and a really cool chick.
And last but not least, I’m going to give it to Because I Can. I love her writing. I love her personality. I love her passion. I wish I could have met this woman face to face already (I am determined to do so one day).
And here follows my list.
1. I just LOVE make-up and cupcake-decorating tutorials on YOUTUBE!! I don’t watch music videos or funnies unless someone sends me a link. But I search for and watch the tutorials! I love them! I favourite them and subscribe to several.
2. Occasionally I do make-up for photo-shoots and weddings. It’s not a regular gig, but I have done several including both my sisters for their weddings. I’ve always loved playing with make-up and I have a HUGE collection of the stuff. I used to experiment on my sisters with weird and wonderful looks I found in magazines and saw on TV!
3. I would love to do a boudoir shoot… but my substantial collection of love handles put me off. At the same time, I don’t want to delay doing a shoot for the time it’ll take me to lose 20-odd kilos!
4. I have only admitted it out loud to a few people, though I think a few may suspect it if they spend enough time with me… but I am pretty damn sure I am an ADHDer too. I can never be doing only one thing at a time, so it’s always music-laptop-work-blog-phone or TV-laptop-book-blog-cook or TV-book-phone-bake. I cannot wait till I get home to tell my Glugster something when I think of it, so I will have started typing a text before I realise I’m actually driving and I put the phone away till I get where I’m going. If I think of something to do or write, I have to do it now. I can shut up and sit still to watch a movie, if we go out, and I can mall-crawl with the best of them. My memory sucks a lot of the time, but I have a head full of useless general knowledge and I can remember the names of the kids I went to primary school with and telephone numbers from when I was a kid. I am constantly aware of every noise and every sensation, unless I am asleep. I cruised through school with a sixty percent plus average, but I never opened a book to revise for exams. I developed coping mechanisms, as undiagnosed ADHDers do… but I wonder occasionally if anything would change if I sought treatment.
5. I almost never eat the cupcakes I bake. They never taste the way I am hoping they will and I am disappointed. And they never look like I want them to look!
6. I have SOO many ideas and concepts for things I could do from home i.t.o. work that it distracts me during the day and I battle to focus on what I’m supposed to be doing… but actually resigning from my job and picking up one of those ideas scares the crap out of me…
7. I have a particular grudge against people who break any and all road rules, and my petty tattle-tail revenge is to report them at every opportunity. I either phone 0861400800 or I text rager.co.za. You see, my thinking is that if every single driver and pedestrian stuck to the rules, there’d never be traffic jams or accidents- except in cases where something on the car or bus or truck actually breaks or if there’s no electricity for the traffic lights… If you stick to the speed limit, use your indicator, adhere to lane restrictions, use pedestrian crossings and bridges, stop properly at stop streets- no one would ever get cut off and no one would ever suffer from road rage, and you’d never have to worry about traffic cops! And if I can drive that way, then I reckon every one can. ~self-satisfied-smirk~
8. I am terrified of the dentist. I am so afraid of dentists, that for the entire time I am in the chair, I cry. My eyes are tightly shut and I cry silently, but with great big tears rolling down my cheeks and into my ears! The poor dentists always feel bad, even though none of them have ever actually hurt me. Every muscle in my body is rigid, and my neck and shoulder muscles ache when I get up out of the chair. My teeth are incredibly sensitive so every little blast of air or water droplet literally hurts, and on top of that it usually takes 3 or 4 shots before I am properly numb- which means I am numb for up to 5 hours afterwards. It’s dreadful. And it’s completely irrational. What drives me barmy is that they never believe me when I tell them this at the beginning!
9. Apparently, I dance all the time. Sometimes without even realising it. I often catch my Glugster grinning at me like a Cheshire cat and I click that I musta been doing it yet again.
10. I love bird watching! Its something my daddy darling has always loved and I picked it up from him. I’m pretty good at identifying them too.
So there you have it! A new list of 10 things, and some very deserving blog award recipients!
…come play on my rollercoaster…