This is an oldie but remains a goodie!
We know – sometimes we can be a little fickle. It’s the female prerogative. And while there are no hard-and-fast rules to women, there are certain things that you should know (that many of you keep getting wrong!) about women.
So, if you’re male, take note:
- Sometimes, a back rub is just a back rub
- Chocolate works in most emotional situations
- “Fine” is never a good answer in response to “How do I look?”
- The answer to “Do I look fat in this?” is always “No, of course not!” Feel free to toss in “Have you lost a little weight?”
- We remember everything
- Don’t talk about your ex. Ever.
- Groping and foreplay is not the same thing
- With regard to the above, more is better. (Foreplay, not groping!)
- Vacuuming the house or doing the dishes will get you further than flowers
- While we’re on the subject, a vacuum cleaner is not a birthday present (in general, this applies to other appliances too)
- “Now” means “now”. Not “later”, “any time soon”, or “whenever you feel like it”
- Never ask whether we’re in a bad mood because of PMS
- No matter how cool we seem, if you’ve done something wrong, we’re mad at you
- If you don’t know why we’re mad, work it out. Don’t ask. It will only make us madder that you don’t know.
- We’re going to ask how you feel
- We need to hear how you feel about us. So tell us. And then remind us in ten minutes.
- We expect you to notice things like hair cuts
- You don’t own the remote, even if you paid for it
- We want to be best thing that’s ever happened to you. And we want you to know it.
- We’re afraid to meet your mother. Also, don’t ever compare us to her.
- We don’t like being told how to do things, even if we ask
- Our jobs are just as important as yours
- We’re less excited about receiving lingerie than you are about giving it
There you have it. Just remember: Despite spending years trying to understand us, reading up on our psychological make-up and occasionally watching Oprah for some insight, we’ll still be a mystery! It’s part of why you love us