I haven’t done one of these in a few years now…
- What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before?
Had a Christmas without my son…?
- Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never make them. I know I won’t keep them.
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope. First time in many years!
- Did anyone close to you die?
Yes… ? My Granny darling in January, and my Daddy darling in August.
- What countries did you visit?
I didn’t cross any borders.
- What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
Money! And yes, I know what that sounds like!
- What dates from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory?
January 3rd and August 7th ?
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Puppy Patrick graduating as a Guide Dog, and having a few of my cakes make it to the CakesDecor.com home page!
- What was your biggest failure?
My own laziness.
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
I spent a week in hospital with asthma complications, and I had sinus surgery.
- What was the best thing you bought?
I got several new cake decorating tools!
- Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Our knucklehead! ? He’s a PADI Dive Instructor now working at a resort! We are unbelievably proud of him!
- Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
I invoke my right not to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me. ?
- Where did most of your money go?
The vet… ?
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
A few of my cakes make it to the CakesDecor.com home page! ???
- What song/ album will always remind you of 2016?
I can’t think of one…
- Compared to this time last year, are you:
- Happier or sadder? Sadder
- Thinner or fatter? Fatter
- Richer or poorer? Poorer
- What do you wish you’d done more of?
Visited my parents.
- What do you wish you’d done less of?
Bingeing on junk food.
- How did you spend Christmas?
My Glugster and I spent it at home with the animals, after I had a bit of a meltdown and bailed on my family.
- Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
My family, via WhatsApp group.
- Did you fall in love in 2016?
I fall in love with my darling Glugster every day! ?
- How many one night stands in this last year?
Are they still one night stands if I’m happily married to the guy? ?
- What was your favourite TV program?
There are a few that I watch – Game of Thrones is up there. And Orange is the New Black.
- Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I can’t think that I hate anyone, as such… I do have a very strong loathing for a couple of people, and that list doesn’t change.
- What was the best book(s) you read?
I didn’t do a lot of reading… I miss it.
- What was your greatest musical discovery?
- What did you want and get?
A new ring! My darling Glugster got me a gorgeous ring with three bands and Swarovski crystals to wear on my ring finger! ?
- What did you want and not get?
A car… Renting a car certainly makes maintenance easier, but we can’t have the car we would like.
- What were your favourite films of this year?
I saw Fantastic Beasts with my Glugster on the big screen and that was awesome, and I saw Finding Dory with my mommy darling and my sisters and that was great fun!
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I stopped counting at 40, but I got to sleep in, a clean kitchen, breakfast in bed, and a chilled day at home with my Glugster and my furchildren.
- What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not having to pinch pennies… I grew up being frugal, I have no problem with that. What I hate is panicking when the petrol light comes on.
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016? *snort* I have no such thing. I wear whatever fits me.
- What kept you sane?
My husband. My precious Glugster.
- Which celebrity/ public figure did you fancy the most?
I don’t really “follow” celebs or read gossip magazines so by the time I find anything out its old news.
- What political issue stirred you the most?
I am frequently rendered speechless by the antics of the South African government, but I still can’t believe that Trump is the president of the USA!
- Who did you miss?
Nathan… My Granny darling… My daddy darling… And my knucklehead, who works far from us now.
- Who was the best new person you met?
Hhmmm… We spent the year fairly closeted at home, but I met a few new Guide Dog puppy raisers and they are such incredible people!
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016.
Everything matters. Everything.
- Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
All I Want For Christmas Is New Year’s Day.